Knitters, your knitting is needed. After 2 years of inventing, refining and using my own woolies pattern. I am now 100% certain that I have no intentions of ever making them to sell.. I really never did, but being well me, I 'had' to make my 'own' pattern.
Well it now seems wrong not to share it. This pattern is alot different to many other woolie patterns, it has a very different crotch which I feel is much sturdier and alot less likely to compression leaks compared to other woolies, and their crotches full of increases.
how it will work is I will post the pattern in stages and work closely with the knitters during this time. Starting as soon as I have a good number of gals
NOTE: Once completed this pattern will be a free pattern for personal use but is not to be sold or used to produce any item for monetry exchange!
So about the pattern.
The sizes are
Small - 30cm waist and rise
medium - 40cm waist and rise
large - 50cm waist and rise
extra large - 60cm waist and rise
The pattern will be avaliable with the following variations..
Waist - elastic, rib, and rib with cord
Legs / style - soaker, shorties (seed stiche, garter stitch and frilled finish) and longies (straight and flared, with seed and garter finishes)
4.5mm circs in 40cm and 30cm
4mm circs in 40cm and 30cm (needed only for ribbed waist and soaker)
Stitch holders, stitch holders and stitch markers
100-200 grams of wool dependent on size and style chosen
non roll or button hole elastic for elastic waists
also a set of digital kitchen scales to weigh wool used would be great
seed/garter stitch where applicable
crochet provisional cast on
Test knitter requirements
1. To have all the above mentioned equipment and supplies (stitch holders and kitchen scales are desirable but not essential)
2. Ability to commence knitting immediately and to complete the project within the timeframe of listing the stages or atlest in good time to keep up
3. Abillity to to work with me through my blog as we progress with the pattern, posting minimum daily with comments and updates
4. Commonsense - obvious, but we are working through, while a well used pattern, a new to paper pattern and your purpose is to pick up if something is written wrong..
5. Knowledge of, or ability to learn all the above skill requirements
Sorry for being so strict but I really want to get through this very efficiently..
Ok so if you would like to join please fill in the following form and post in my comments.
once I have enough ladies i will post the first part.... not real exciting .. just gauge ..
WHAT SKILLS FROM ABOVE HAVE YOU NOT TRIED:
WHAT SIZE WILL YOU BE KNITTING:
WHAT WAIST AND LEG WILL YOU BE KNITTING:
one last thing