Monday, June 13, 2011

Hungry Caterpillars

This is a post about an old FO but one I haven't shared before, there will be a few of those, such is the life of a slacko blogger!


Like so many others I fell in LOVE with the Hungry Caterpillar print range. Like so many others I had to have some.



This quilt was super quick to make, with the top done and quilted in about 2 hours!! Helped by the fact that mostly, I machine stipple my quilts (without a frame) and this one is stitched-in-the-ditch. I had forgetten how fast that is. Sometimes we just need that fast gratification, and this certainly did it!


It was made for Anameika, and so is cot sized, which I don't making, because even though they use them on cots for such a short period of time, they are used as kid sized lap quilts for years after. In this house it will see a good 3 years use on the cot though, as it is also used as a toddler bed.

No comments: