Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hooray for Harry..

My test harry square is complete.....

I am relatively happy with it and enjoyed it enough to do a complete blanket...

I leanrt alot of things doing this... and glad I took the time to do a test square to make some mistakes on..

Needles - 4.5mm

Yarn - assortment to get correct shadings

Yardage - not sure .. about 150-180gms

finished size - 38cm square

I am not sure what I will do with this.. It wont make the cut for the blanket and I am not into cushions or framing it...

A fun knit all the same, anyone who hasnt tried colour work...WHY? its actually quite easy and fun

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I'm going to steal your idea and make a cushion for my stepson. He will LOVE it!

Mama Mel said...

oh my GOD you KNITTED that?!!!! Thats wild and crazy man!!! I love it!!!!

Can you knit me an Eric (from Trueblood)?? hahahah

Candice said...

kris - thanks...Can't wait to see yours...

mel - I am sure we could sort out a trade :D

Stargazer626 said...

It was easy? How long did it take? I'm what you wouldn't call a beginner, but I haven't tackled anything like this.

Evie said...

What weight yarn did you use? What type of color changing method--intarsia, etc? Did this use stockinette stitch or what type of stitch is this. It's amazing. Talent is here.